11.22.2009

HITSUMABUSHI

HITSUMABUSHI
grilled eel in a bento box

I had a chance to get my favorite Hitsumabushi from Shirakawa(grilled eel restaurant), Nagoya. The first time of eating it as bento box, How will it taste??
Shirakawa is one of the famous eel restaurant in Nagoya.
Hitsumabushi is kind of Unagi don(Eel rice bowl).
The differences are the container and the way of eating methods.

At Shirakawa methods, mix the Hitsumabushi before start eating.
First. Have some part simply.
Second. Have some part with seasonings such as seaweed, chopped welsh onion, wasabi, japanese pepper.
Third. Have some part with broth.

I have the rest of the part with seasonings which is the best!


bento box, broth, and some seasonings
grilled eel cut in 1cm
with seasonings(this welsh onion is freeze dried)
with broth

You can get this grilled eel bento box at JR Takashimaya department store, Nagoya station. I will absolutely get this bento box again when I have another chance. I highly recommend!

I really appreciate everyone's comment. I am so new to creating a blog and don't know how to reply everyone's comment. How to do it?

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I haven't had breakfast yet and looking at these kills me. I'm going to go make breakfast now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yum!

    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks yummy..!

    about Venice, I'm not sure if the tide rises high all the time. But it happened when I were there in September and they say it happens more in fall. It's perfect time for visiting is spring and fall.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete